2011 Fender James Burton Signature Telecaster. Three Lace Pickups and an S1 switch for those fat sounds. Well made Fender Telecaster that sports the Custom Shop Style Gold Elite Tuners.
Made for chicken pickin’ and slick slidin’.
The Fender James Burton Telecaster pays homage to the famed Nashville guitarist whose studio contributions figure in some of the biggest records of all time. There have been many James Burton Fender Signature Telecasters.
Check out this all star jam with James Burton playing this model guitar.
The basswood body is fitted with three special pickups designed to James Burton’s specifications and its unique five-way Strat-o-Tele switching plus the S-1 switch gives you seven pickup configurations. The U-shaped ’60s maple neck has a maple fingerboard, gold-plated deluxe tuners with pearl or black chrome buttons, and vintage-style frets. The string-thru-body, hardtail bridge delivers lots of resonant sustain.
5-Position Strat-o-Tele switching with S-1:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup in parallel (series w/ S-1 down)
Position 3. Bridge and Neck Pickup in parallel
Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup in parallel (series w/ S-1 down)
Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Basswood body
- One-piece maple neck
- ’60s U-shape neck profile
- Maple fingerboard
- 9.5″ fretboard radius
- 21 vintage-style frets
- Master volume and tone controls
- Strat-o-Tele Switching with S-1™ Switch plus 5-way pickup switching with S-1 switch
- Special-design James Burton blade pickups
- American Vintage Strat string-thru hardtail bridge
- Gold Plated Deluxe Sealed Tuning Machines with pearl or black chrome buttons
- Gold plated hardware
- 25.5″ scale length
- 1.650″ nut width
- Special ’60’s U-shape neck
- Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel strings (.009 to .042)