2015 Taylor 914ce Grand Auditorium – traditionally voiced, full-sounding instrument with impeccable appointments
Gorgeous Taylor AA Indian Rosewood/AA Sitka Spruce guitar 900 Series has high-end sophistication, showcasing a detail-rich aesthetic and the most refined levels of Taylor craftsmanship. A lush redesign in 2015 has brought a sleek and comfortable hand-carved ebony armrest to the series which was previously only available on Taylor’s Presentation guitar series. Taylor added an array of tonal-enhancing refinements first applied to the 800 Series. New bracing, protein glue plus a new finish makes the notes and chords jump from the strings with the slightest touch. The looks speak for themselves. Part of the work master luthier Andy Powers how arrived in 2012, has done as a redesign of Taylor guitars. He has taken a great guitar and made it even better. Taylor calls its ‘Advanced Performance Bracing’ and the mysterious-sounding ‘Relief Rout’.
The Grand Auditorium is Taylor’s most popular body style, bit smaller than a dreadnought, and intended to work equally well for flatpicking and fingerpicking—with a Venetian cutaway and Expression System® 2 electronics which sounds fantastic when you plug in.The bridge pins have been upgraded to buffalo horn with green abalone dots that match the green abalone purfling around the top replacing the standard original black Taylor bridge pins.
The 914ce Grand Auditorium is an all-around versatile guitar that has been punched up to produce a more powerful bass response and a warmer, sweeter midrange. The refreshed appointment scheme boasts a beautifully calibrated balance of ebony binding and koa purfling, together with colorful abalone shell inlays and trim. The guitar included in a Taylor deluxe hardshell case and weights 4-lbs 11.5-ozs.
- Body Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Body Style: Single Cutaway
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Gloss, 3.5 mil
- Top Wood: AA Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: AA Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Advanced Performance
- Binding: Ebony armrest and binding with Koa purfling
- Neck Wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Smoked Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Ascension with Pink Abalone
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Radius: 15
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Antique Gold tuners
- Bridge Material: Smoked Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Nut Width: 1.75″ (1-3/4″)
- Body Length: 20″
- Body Width: 16″
- Body Depth: 4.62″
- Electronics: Taylor ES2 Electronics
- Strings: Elixir HD Light Phosphor Bronze strings (.013, .017, .025, .032, .042, .053)
- Case Included: Taylor Hardshell
So how does it sound? Bunch of video demos from several sources.